Monday, January 18, 2010

HAPPY MLK DAY!!!!!!



I can remember when this video came out in 1986. This video used to get played every year on Dr.King's birthday. I LOVED this song as a kid! To me this was the 'cooler' version of "We Are The World". I was a fan of almost everyone in this video during this time. Whodini, Full Force, The Fat Boys, New Edition, Run DMC, Kurtis Blow, Stephanie Mills, Stacey Lattisaw, & many more. However, what I didn't like about this song, Run from RUN DMC wasn't in the video. I used to say 'Why is Jam Master Jay(RIP) rapping instead of Run" lol. My favorite part was when the beat breaks down for Kurtis Blow 4:17-4:23 lol. SALUTE DR. Martin Luther King, if only all men had your heart and love.

"We must learn to live together as brothers or perish together as fools."
Martin Luther King Jr.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Web Site by Clickable Designs